Complaints Handling Procedure
At Thorntons Solicitors, we want to give you the best possible service at all times. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about any aspect of our service then please inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.
In the first instance we would advise you to contact the person who is dealing with your matter, in the hope the issue can be resolved quickly and effectively.
If you are still unhappy and feel the issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please contact our Complaints' Handler, Gina Leighton-Jones, either in writing to Thorntons Solicitors, Rowan House South, Shrewsbury Business Park, Shrewsbury, SY2 6LG, or email Gina Leighton-Jones or alternatively please call 01743 341770.
Your complaint will be dealt with promptly, fairly and free of charge.
What will happen next?
- We will write to you within 7 days of acknowledging receipt of your complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure if reque sted.
- We will begin the investigation of your complaint which will involve reviewing your complaint, your file and any accompanying documents, and speaking with the member of staff acting for you and any other members of staff involved.
- We will then prepare a proposed solution and remedy to your complaint.
- We will send you a written reply to your complaint within 28 days of receipt, setting out our suggestions for resolving the matter.
- If at this stage, you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will ask an independent member of staff to review the decision.
- We will send you a written response confirming our final position regarding your complaint, explaining our reasons for our decision.
If we have not resolved your complaint to your satisfaction within eight weeks of you making the complaint, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman. Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first.
The time limits for referring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman are:-
- Within six months of receiving a final response from us regarding your complaint
- Not later than one year from the date of the act or omission being complained about; or
- Not later than one year from the date when the complainant should have realised that there was cause for complaint.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can assist you if you have any concerns regarding our behaviour. Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.